Here are answers to your most frequently asked questions. If you can't find an answer to your question here, please contact us.
- Any business (either incorporated or not) that meets the definition of a Small Company under the Companies Act 2010 and operates from a UK trading address can apply to open a store on ForTheLittleGuys.com.
- ForTheLittleGuys.com Management reserves the right to reject any applications at their sole discretion and without notice, or to close a store at their sole discretion and without notice where in good faith Management believe that there is an appropriate commercial or legal reason to do so.
- There are no charges for opening a store or listing an item on ForTheLittleGuys.com.
- Commission is only charged on successful sales.
- Video Game Consoles
- Digital Cameras
- Lenses & Filters
- Desktops & All in Ones
- Drives, Storage & Blank Media
- iPads, Tablets & e-Readers
- Laptops & Netbooks
- Home Networking
- Laminators & Trimmers
Please note that there is a minimum item sales value excluding delivery of £5. This is required to avoid listing fees. In order to sell items for less that £5 an increased commission rate may be agreed.
- ForTheLittleGuys.com does not permit the sale of alcohol, tobacco or other potentially harmful or age restricted products such as hunting knives, guns or similar.
- ForTheLittleGuys.com Management reserves the right to remove any potentially offending items, at Management’s sole discretion and without notice.
- For the convenience and security of Buyers and Sellers all transactions on ForTheLittleGuys.com are processed via the PayPal platform.
- Sellers must use a Paypal account to receive funds.
- The sales commission payable to ForTheLittleGuys.com is automatically deducted by PayPal before funds are received into the Seller’s PayPal account.
- No, there are no limits on the number of items that a Seller can list.
- New items will ordinarily appear on the site immediately. Should an item not appear within 30 minutes of publishing please use the Contact Us form at ForTheLittleGuys.com to notify the ForTheLittleGuys.com Little Team.
- Buyers and Sellers are able to communicate via the online messaging service provided within a ForTheLittleGuys.com account.
- To do this a Buyer will select an item and then select ‘Seller Profile’ and ‘Contact Seller’. The online messaging service box will appear on screen.
- A copy of all email correspondence will be sent to the email address under store information on ForTheLittleGuys.com.
- Yes, where it is appropriate to add new categories the ForTheLittleGuys.com Little Team can do so. Please make any requests via the Contact Us form on ForTheLittleGuys.com.
- In line with HMRC online and Distance Selling Regulations, ForTheLittleGuys.com will display VAT numbers for VAT registered Sellers.
- It is a requirement that all Sellers either provide ForTheLittleGuys.com with a note of their VAT Number or if not registered for VAT the VAT number field within the store set-up should be populated with “NO VAT”.
- Sellers registered for VAT are responsible for issuing a VAT invoice to Buyers on completion of the Buyer’s purchase.
- This may be achieved by enclosing an invoice with the delivery.
- Please contact the Buyer and seek to resolve the issue directly. Should this prove unsuccessful, please report the issue via the Contact Us form at ForTheLittleGuys.com.com.
- You can buy from ForTheLittleGuys.com as a guest, however, this will mean that each time you want to buy something from ForTheLittleGuys.com you will need to input all your details. Registering an account is free and means that ForTheLittleGuys.com can save this information for you, making future purchases more convenient.
- Once an order has been placed a Buyer can contact the Seller through the messaging portal to request any amendments or changes.
- Each item will have its own shipping information, which may over-ride the above 2 working day rule, so please check the shipping policy for the item before committing to purchase it should this present an issue.
Returns & Refunds
- Each Seller can operate a different returns policy, however, the minimum standard for returns on all ForTheLittleGuys.com stores are in line with The Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013.
- Please refer to the Seller’s return policy as a starting point and thereafter to the The Consumers Rights Act 2015 and The Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013.
- The Seller is liable for the cost of the return postage if the item is being returned because it has been damaged in transit or was not as described on the item listing.
- If the item is being returned for any other reason, the Buyer is liable for the cost of the return postage.
- To return an item please select the Order from the order history screen. Within the Order Record there is a notes section at the bottom of the record through which returns should be requested.
- Alternatively, if you have checked out as a guest, please request a return through the Contact Us form.
- If a Seller does not accept a return and you believe that they should under either, the Seller’s stated Returns Policy, The Consumers Rights Act 2015 or The Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013. Please contact us via the Contact Us form at ForTheLittleGuys.com with the following information:
- Seller name
- Name or the item(s) you wish to return
- Order number of the original order for the item(s)
- Reason for return
- A note of any reasons provided by the Seller in relation to not accepting the return
- All ForTheLittleGuys.com transactions are handled via PayPal providing the same level of security that would reasonably be expected from any major store.
- ForTheLittleGuys.com does not have access to or store any secure payment details. These are managed via the PayPal system.
- ForTheLittleGuys.com also uses a SSL certificate to ensure login details are stored securely.
Please report any concerns via the Contact Us form at ForTheLittleGuys.com